Writer James Elliot’s tastes have matured along with him. Here, he talks about what’s so sexy about women his own age, written originally for the online site, The Good Life.
Here are the 7 things I find attractive and sexy in a woman, now that I am 50. I’m Straight. Married. Madly in love. So maybe these lists apply only to singles looking for … something:
- What you see is what you get. Here I am referring, of course, to plastic surgery. There is nothing more beautiful, and attractive, in my humble opinion than a woman who is aging into her natural self, without botox and implants and tucks and lifts. Real is sexier than artificial.
- A Great Mom. There is no bigger turn-on to me than watching my wife with my kids and seeing the unconditional love in her eyes and the shining adoration that she gets back from them.
- Toughness. It might not sound lady-like but a woman who is willing to fight, hard, for her point of view wins me over. My wife happens to be Italian and a lawyer so you say she is a lock for going toe-to-toe with me. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Fun. In the end life is about enjoying. If you can’t laugh with the woman you are in bed with than not much else is going to work out. If she likes to dance on tables and tell dirty jokes all the better. I seem to have hit the jackpot on this one too. My wife does all those things, and a lot more that I’m not going to get into here.
- Soulful. I read somewhere that you can see into a person’s soul in their eyes. I believe that is true. Some people have dead eyes. Others you seem to be able to see something deep inside that is completely non-verbal, something that touches your heart every time you take the time to look. My wife has these deep blue eyes that sparkle in a particular way that I noticed the very first time we met. It is the physical attribute I cherish the most about her. And she has plenty of attributes.
- Adventure. I am a risk-taker by nature in my professional life, but in my personal life I can be a bit of a lazy bastard. Left to my own devices I might crawl into my man cave and never come out. So sometimes I need a little encouragement to get out to a crazy-sounding event or to take a trip half way around the globe to visit some mind expanding place that I would never have gone on on my own.
- Touch. It may sound stupid, but there are some people who just feel right in your arms. Their touch, the feeling of their skin against yours, is like heaven. All worry disappears. You sleep soundly. Your mind goes blank. All you can think about it that this is a good thing.
That’s my list. And that’s my wife. I am one lucky dude.
(Special thanks to The Good Life.)