Dating? DATING? Maybe the books and the online matchmaking sites make it look easy, but it’s not. Because if you’re a baby boomer, before anything else, you have to decide WHO you want to date. That’s what Chad Stone struggled with when he wrote about it in his book, Confessions of a Middle-Aged Babe Magnet.
- Women in their 50s are mature. They are my age, but they look older than I do—because I am in complete denial about how old I look.
- Women in their 50s know exactly what they want: men who are successful, handsome, sexy, independent yet devoted to their chosen woman, monogamous, fun to be with, and handy with a wrench when the faucet breaks. They love going out to nice restaurants and snuggling at home near the fireplace. They like having a gentleman open the door for them, but they want to be respected as equal partners.
- Women in their 40s try to seem confident, even when they are not. They sound wistful when describing the perfect man they are looking for. The disappointment of not having men in their lives seems almost palpable.
- Women in their 40s are looking for companionship and partners. At the same time, some haven’t yet given up on the idea of finding a mid-life Prince Charming. They are happy and content, but “sharing life and experiences with someone would add that missing piece.” Women in their 40s want men in their 40s, but many are willing to date men in their 50s.
- Women in their 30s are Babes. They are hot, and they know it. They love to show off their still-sexy bodies. At the same time, they want to be taken seriously as career women who are intelligent, ambitious, independent, and willing to show off their sexy bodies
The 30-something women who do not have kids wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of their biological clocks ticking. Those with kids have to deal with babysitters– and the sound of men running away from women with kids sometimes wakes up the kids when they are supposed to be sleeping.
- Women in their 20s are Babes, but they are ridiculously young Babes. Based upon their photos, every woman in her 20s has had breast augmentation, and they are really proud of their big, sexy American breasts. A shocking number of 20-something women have tattoos. And not just cute little butterflies or unicorns. We’re talking dragons, skulls, black widow spiders, and battleships.
Women in their 20s don’t listen to music I like. They like stupid movies. We have nothing in common. There is not a single woman in her 20s who is looking for an old fart like me.
I think I’m going to stick with the Boomers.
Confessions of a Confessions of a Middle-Aged Babe Magnet: One Man’s Brave Adventure into Dating Again in the 21st Century by Chad Stone is available from Amazon.com.